Monday, August 22, 2011

Grand Opening – and Closing


The reception was a really great party, maybe 40-50 people attended. Most were Joshua Tree and Yucca Valley residents involved in the arts, many supporters of the Joshua Tree Highlands Artist Residency Program. Some came from Palm Springs and LA.

Here's the link to a review of the exhibit.


The show was up only two days, and is already dismantled and traveling back home with the five artists. My paintings are in the back of my car as my husband Joe and I take a week to explore California on our way back to Seattle.


The afternoon before the reception, I (and my husband Joe, far left) met with my boss from college days back in Michigan in the 70's! Dr. Ivan Blazen and his wife Deanna visited us from Loma Linda where he is a professor of theological studies.



Joe and I went for a hike in Joshua Tree National Park that morning, and I was still discovering new colors and textures. But no more art for a while. We're doing Disneyland today. I didn't grow up with Mickey and the rest, but Joe did and he's in heaven. What a fascinating cross-section of America wandering around the grounds!

So that's the end of my desert adventure, which produced eight good pieces of art, and several bad ones (which are already being recycled one way or another).

No comments:

Post a Comment