Monday, July 18, 2011

A Rocky Expedition

Here are some views from my sunset hike last night in Hidden Valley. I was collecting images I can use as a basis for abstracted paintings later. I plan to combine transparent acrylic color layers, recycled hand-made paper text, digital images of plants and other micro/macro objects, and mold, local soil and charcoal on canvas.

























All sunsets are beautiful here, so far! Daily temperatures are around 90-95, and it cools down in the late evening to the low 80's, even cooler by morning. I hear that storms or rain are on the way, bringing high humidity into the mix. It's true about dry heat being easy to take, but the toll on the skin is serious. It will take some time back in Seattle before I am totally reconstituted.

I saw a second coyote last night, driving into the Park. Wish I had photographic vision. Quail families are ubiquitous across the landscape, little peepers scattering like waves on the sand. Jackrabbits are everywhere too, so little compared to the cottontails I'm used to, with enormous ears.

No comments:

Post a Comment